Formally known as 'Let's Get Shabby' since 2009.
Times have changed and many of us have found our styles have too.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yumiko's altered jar tutorial

It is time for another shabby tutorial.

This month Yumiko is going to take us through the steps she did to alter this gorgeous jar.


Here is what you will need.

-a clean glass jar
-photo
-paint
-assorted lace, trim and ribbon
-assorted embellishments

Here's the how to.

-Cut your photo to fit the height of your jar. With adhesive on the edges of your photo stick it to the inside of your jar. Next paint the outside of the glass jar going over the edges of the photo covering up any adhesive marks on the inside.


-Paint the lid.


-When the paint is dry decorate the base of the jar with your chosen lace, trim, ribbon and embellishments.


and again with the lid.


Once you have finished embellishing your jar before you pop the lid on you can add some goodies into your jar.

If you do decide to try Yumiko's tutorial we would love to see it. Post a link in the comments of this post and the shabby girls will pop on over and check it out. Enjoy decorating your unused glass jars.

9 comments:

Maria said...

Yumiko your altered jar looks fabulous, I think I will have to give this a go now all I have to do is find an empty jar, oh why do I throw mine all away....

Thanks for the lovely tutorial

Ruth Philps said...

Gosh this is beautiful Yumiko, I love the idea of the paint all over it, and your frayed fabric is a lovely shabby touch!!

Deb said...

Thanks for sharing, Yumiko. Your altered jar looks fantastic.

Toni said...

OMG... This is so cute!!! What an awesome project!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Julia Sáddi said...

Wow!!! I love it, Yumiko, congratulations for all this creativity and inspiration to us!!! xox Julia Sáddi

Maria said...

Hi Girls,

Well seeing Yumiko's gorgeous jar made me want to go and create one so here is the link to mine....
Thanks Yumiko

http://ajourneythatstartshere.blogspot.com/2010/06/cat-has-stalker-and-my-altered-jar.html

mandysea said...

Totally wonderful Yumiko!! I love also the way your dd looks like she is poking the glass at us!! Thats a great photo perspective too!

Vanessa said...

What a lovely personalized and inexpensive gift idea! Adding that to my Christmas list of ideas!

Anne said...

Loved this, so I had to try to make my own. Its a birthdaygift for my sister. It was so much fun to make, I`m abselutely going to make more of these!
http://felixiren.blogspot.com/2010/06/overlesset-shabby-syltetyglass.html